NHYC complies with its obligations under the GDPR. Depending on why we have received your data, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- – To contact you regarding your enquiry or case with us
- – To refer you to other partner organisations who are able to help
- – To inform you of our work, updates or news
- – To process donations
- – To process feedback
We will only process your personal data if we have a legitimate reason to do so. Our legal basis for processing is as follows:
- Consent – You have agreed for NHYC to process your data for a specific purpose and can withdraw your consent at any time. (Link to data protection rights below)
- Contract – The processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legitimate interest – The processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- Legal obligation – The processing is necessary to comply with the law
- Vital interests – The processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
NHYC will treat your personal data as confidential. We will only share your personal data with third parties with your knowledge and consent. The only exception to this is in circumstances where we have significant concerns about your safety or risk to others.
While we may collect information about the way you have used this website, we do not collect any personal data that would allow us to trace you as an individual user, unless it is specifically stated on an individual page (e.g. our online Self-Referral Form).
We require usage information to understand how our website functions for users, and so may use the information to improve its function or design. If you do share contact information via an online form or questionnaire there will be a checkbox to allow you to choose whether NHYC can contact you in future e.g. via a newsletter or for fundraising activities.